Wednesday, March 18, 2015

And so it begins...


Hi, my name is Vicky Saylor and this is my art blog.

I’m a painter,

I’m not really a “blog” person, but thought I would give this a try after reading a book called Daily Painting by Carol Marine. A great book for all of you artists out there. Pretty much a challenge to paint daily, finish a painting in a short amount of time, sign and post it. I like a challenge, but more than that, I needed a way to be able to allow myself to actually finish and sign a painting without stressing about all the mistakes I had made. A way to give myself some grace and learn to paint better in the process. Voila, I believe it is working…well, most days anyway. What do you think?

#1-Eggplant and Spice  - February 2015


#2 -Orange Pepper and Spice - March 2015

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, Vicky. This is quite a challenge... a painting a day.
    Look forward to seeing more as you post them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work and well done. I am also a "daily painter" and aim to produce 3 paintings a week for my blog. I found it impossible to manage 7. Look forward to seeing more of your work x

    ReplyDelete