Tuesday, May 26, 2015

God interveined!

It's amazing how God uses our problems for His glory.
A few weeks ago I wrote about having "painters block". Serious block....
25 Project came into the picture. I decided to challenge myself to paint something to benefit this wonderful organization through a donation to a silent auction. I kind of came into this at the last minute...Wow, a daily painting, kind of! It ended up being a 3 day painting, but I think that counts, don't you?
I received a photo from the organization of the actual people that are in this painting for this reference. One of the ladies is named Salone. Sure would love to meet her one day.
Check out the website http:\\25project.org. This organization fights for those who can't fight for themselves, with the love of Christ. Such dedication.
The painting sold at a silent auction to benefit the organization. I'm so happy that I could do something that might help these people, abandoned by man but found in Christ and those who love Him. I'm overwhelmed at His goodness.
I'm looking forward to doing more things like this. All I can say is, God blessed me in this endeavor. I hope you get the opportunity to do something like this someday.
On to the next challenge that God has for me.

"Sweet Salone"
9 x 12 Oil on Canvas board

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely gesture of your talent. I totally get where you are coming from. I still struggle with the simple beautiful shapes. You have nailed this as usual. Love it.

    ReplyDelete